Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M113 swap, looking for DAS / AAM/ 722.6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
72 280SE
M113 swap, looking for DAS / AAM/ 722.6

I've been doing a bit of digging and decided to go with a M113 5.0 out of a W163 only because the DAS is a bit simpler. Pulled a motor and harness yesterday to start my project but am puzzled by a few things.

I know the MB world is completely unique in that most folks do not mess with wiring and re-coding but I'm up for the challenge and would LOVE to document it for other adventurous folks.

1. I've been reading that the ML500 engine MUST be mated to a 722.666 (500 final drive trans). Is this true or can I recode the TCU? I am planning on using a 2wd Trans out of a CLK43 /S430 since the AWD output shaft won't work for my application.

2. For complexity and DAS coding, is it better to go with the <01 DAS or should it not matter? I know the DAS module moved from the AAM to under the dash in 01. Better to go with an earlier setup? I am planning on snagging an immob chip and attaching to my 108 fob.

3. Can I run 430 electronics with the 500 engine? This would solve the the 430 Trans final drive concern.

Time to pickup a Star Diag or think I can do all of this myself and pay a tech for the rest?

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from some ML GURU's!!!

-Brian