Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sun roof troubles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2004 | 03:20 AM

E320
sun roof troubles

I have a E320 4matic 1998.

And know the sun roof will some times open but not close. I think it is a bad switch.

Was wondering if you could just change switch or have to change the hole light essambly?

Thanks for you time. Kato
Old 05-13-2004 | 09:15 PM
Almost a Member!

'98 clk 320
Check your manual,there is a way to re-set the switch. I had to do it to mine.Also,try a search on here,I believe it it how I found the cure.
Old 05-14-2004 | 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Sunroof trouble

I had a similar problem on my sunroof on my E-AMG car.. it would open, however, sometimes, only sometimes it would not close.. it would start closing, then stop as if there were debris on the track and open back up...

Tried re-setting the switch.. ir worked for 2 days...
Tried re-setting the memory of the device... worked for a few days and again the problem appeared...

Final solution: dealer replaced the run roof motor... and it happened to be also somewhat "known" of a defect on those motors very common on BMWs (which use the same motor by the way

My 2 cents.. anyone who disagrees is welcomed (that was just my personal experience)

Wiedermann