Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C43 Brake Issues. Anyone have this problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2017 | 04:04 PM

2018 C43 AMG Coupe
C43 Brake Issues. Anyone have this problem?

Hey there everyone, looking for help with an issue I've been having with my car. I have a 2018 C43 Coupe which is about 3 months old and has just under 1600 miles on it. Starting about 3 weeks I started having severe squealing and noise coming from my driver's side front wheel whenever I brake from normal speeds, and I also have been hearing the wheel squeal at times when turning and not even applying the brake. I recorded the noise and took my car in for service, which naturally the problem could not be replicated as bad as I've been hearing it. The wheel, brakes, rotor and sensor were checked and found nothing wrong with it and the car was turned back over to me, with the tech telling me that the noise is an issue with the newer C Class coupes.

After getting the car back, the problem has still been happening. It sounds like my brake pad is made of cactus with all the noise that's coming from it. I see 20 year old cars driving around with no noise coming from them whatsoever. I expect a car to make some noise when braking but not at the level I'm having. I called Mercedes back and have another appointment coming up this Friday and I was told they would shave down the brake pad and lubricate it. Should this even be happening? Has anyone had this problem or know what could be causing this? I have two recordings of the noise in question if anyone wants to hear it. Any help would be appreciated.