Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W169 2006MY 3 door A-Class A150 Buckle Sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W169 A Class
Question W169 2006MY 3 door A-Class A150 Buckle Sensors

Hi All, please someone help me from going mental. I have owned this W169 3 door 2006MY for 8 years and already had the internal wiring issues with the constant passenger seat movements. ie I have repaired the wires going within the seat to the seat airbag that were actually visibly broken. Reset with my own scanner tool, all perfect. Passenger seat pad sensor (even though looking back it didn't need it. I've made new looms for the folding mirrors that also had zero continuity due to metal fatigue of the copper wire, hey I've even changed my alternator without a ramp on my driveway so you could say I'm handy enough BUT I feel I've been beaten this time......
I took the passenger and rear seats out so I could get a big parcel in that I had to collect. I knew the SRS lights would come on but I have a 4 way scanner so no problem I thought.....
After putting the seats back in my code reader was saying failure of SRS module and nothing else. So I took it to local indy and asked them to try to reset the light and explained what I had done.
Their STAR system said the same that the SRS module needed replacing which I did have to do. No idea if the shock of not having some of its arms and legs missing made the module blow but maybe and I'm silly for being clever. Anyway, the new one went in and they successfully coded it to the car but the SRS lights are still on with the issues now being passenger and driver seat belt buckle. I'll type them
9007 The component or the signal line to the component S68/1 (Seat belt buckle and seat belt warning switch, driver) has short circuit to positive or Open circuit
900B The component or the signal line to the component S68/2 (Front passenger seat belt buckle and seat belt warning switch) has Short circuit to positive or Open circuit
9057 The component or the signal line to the component S100 (Front passenger seat installed recognition switch) has Short circuit to positive or Open circuit

I've checked the continuity of the the two wires going to the seat belt buckles and they are open circuit and closed circuit with buckle inserted which I though was proof all is ok but someone is telling me there is a resistor in each micro switch which the SRS module needs to see. This means open and closed is simply not good enough.
I should replace both seat belt buckles as they come with new electronics etc inside.
Any view or help guys?

I expect the little critters were blown up when the SRS module died?
I'd like to spread the warning to others not to ever start the car with any seat removed as this SRS module was definitely killed by my actions.