Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument Cluster Acting up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 04:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 C55 & 03 G500
Instrument Cluster Acting up

Hi everyone, I'm cross posting this from another thread that I got no response on....

I replaced my battery a couple months ago, as soon as I connected the terminals and turned the car back on, the instrument cluster went hay wire, car turns on and stays on, the AC, radio, seat, lock functions, EVERYTHING works except the cluster initially turns on but then it intermittently shuts on and off, gauges drop, headlights flicker off/on, warning beeps go off and then everything comes back on...it even does while I drive the car...

Checked all fuses and relays, all good. Checked with the iCarsoft MBII for codes and mostly says CAN communication fail with IC (instrument cluster) and OCP (overhead control panel) but everything up there works as well.

Will post a video for reference.... but before I go and start swapping out control modules, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced that and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long description!