Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 E320 Electrical problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E320
Hello and happy Easter everybody well let me say my problems started quit some time ago and they gradgually got worse starting with the losing control to windows but still had control over the door locks then i got my shifter wet and shorted the ciruit board therefore i experienced the key not turning in the ignition well finally found another shifter and transmision modgel at the salvage yard that worked and aoso replaced the master switch for the windows and they still dont work im s9rry this is taking so long but i have to tell it this way so you will understand so so i cont8nue to drive the car this way no problems not having any electric windows so my baterry goes bad qnd im in need of a jump start theres nobody around to help me out so i take my dewalt 20 volt drill battey and use it to jumpstart my car and it worked great but i think i might have used it one to many times cause now when i put my key in you dont here the steering lock disengauge and the car wont starf as a matter of fact the key wont even turn in the ignition so i started experamenting with the ignition not having any luck other than ruining the ig nition so i bought a new ignition and the blue programming key i installed and programmed the ignition with the blue key and put my key in and nothing happened still cant turn the key and i have a brand new battery i installed so heres the kicker i decide to turn on the headlights and bam my headlight switch is my ignition switch except it dosent start the car or unlock my steering but all my windows and mirrors are working now so that means i have a major short somewhere rite sorry about the novel but i need some help with some good answer im stuck like chuck thanks and i appreciate you guys!

A80

Last edited by amdeutsch; 04-02-2018 at 04:15 PM.