Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 G63 Adding Aux Audio problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Cherokee
2013 G63 Adding Aux Audio problem

I tried searching a couple ways, and cannot find relevant threads to this issue.

Working on a 2013 G63, have read tons about people adding aux audio to the comand ntg 4.5 (or 4.7 i believe it actually is).
Most say go to engineering menu and turn it on. In this radio its greyed out not selectable (although so is the video, but the add-on android system feeds into it and it shows up and says ON under aux video in the engineering menu after it was installed)
I purchased an aftermarket kit from CRUX with an obd programmer, which appears to work.
Radio says "diagnose" then resets, still no audio through radio. verified audio signal is present at pins 4,10,and 11 (this one has pins 6 and 12 canbus).
With crux unit, Aux appears in the audio menu at bottom and can be selected. it says ON in the engineering menu but its still greyed out and wont pass the audio signal to the harman kardon amp, radio music register and everything still work.

Need an expert or a tech to let me know if i am missing something or can this radio be programmed at a dealer or by someone to get this working or does the greyed out menu item mean it lacks the hardware to do this?

Professional expertise and advice needed please.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Cherokee
Exclamation solved

With input from another tech, and more searching and testing within the engineering menu we figured it out.
Seems greyed out items within the engineering menu are that way as something else is "installed", changing the correct other item to "not installed" makes the other options selectable, and once "installed" or "on" they work! (or at least in this case the aux audio then passed through to the amp)