Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cls 500 wont start off key after engine swap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 500
Cls 500 wont start off key after engine swap

Hi all
I swapped the engine in my 2005 cls 500 for a clk 55 engine and now I can't get it to start off the key , it's had a brand new shifter module as I had the same problem before and the new one cured it .
All the sensors from 5.0 engine were swapped to the 5.5 and the only thing different is the bigger 55 injectors , I also disconnected the batteries for 2 weeks and removed the ecm while I welded the exhaust to fit kleemann headers .
If I run a wire to the starter solenoid it will start and run just fine , I have put a mb2 diagnostic computer on and the only thing I could find is that it's saying the immobiliser is on .
I just got a star c3 and that is saying there is no communication between ecm and canbus, I have checked the fuses and all seem to be good , does anyone else have any ideas that may help .
Old 06-08-2018, 12:39 AM

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts
W203 W212 W211 R53MCS
Did you use the same wiring harness from the original engine? Are you using the original ECM or are you using one from the other car? a CLS500 and a CLK55 have different wiring of communication lines.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 500

Originally Posted by MBENZTECH
Did you use the same wiring harness from the original engine? Are you using the original ECM or are you using one from the other car? a CLS500 and a CLK55 have different wiring of communication lines.
Hi
I used all original cls electronics apart from injectors , I have star c3 now but I'm just learning how to use it .
I think the immobiliser has locked me out , I am getting signal from key , but it's saying immobiliser is on , how do I reset that .
Old 06-17-2018, 02:19 PM

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts
W203 W212 W211 R53MCS
If the vehicle starts by giving power directly to the starter.... then everything is where it needs to be except circuit 50(starter signal)