Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Message problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2004 | 12:31 AM

09' E350, 01' Maxima SE, 93 Nissan Maxima SE, 1987 Nissan Maxima SE
Battery Message problem

I had a little scared, that on the message on my instrument showed up with a Battery message, says Battery Charge, then it went away. So I thought a loose cable connection. I went back in the rear seat and tighten up the cable. Then later I got the message again, then my car stalled out. So I started up, it started up. Then suddenly the message came on later after a mile driving, I got another message, says Check Engine light and the Check engine message with Engine Electronics. Anyone could help me what does that means and where should i be checking. I'm not sure if that's the fuse box in the engine bay or is it something else?
Old 06-01-2004 | 09:32 AM

LS7 powered Corvette
Depending on the car, it will be different. My guess would be the alternator if the car stalled. If you were asking me as a lifeline on who wants to be a millionaire, I would say I'm about 95% sure it is the alternator.
Old 06-02-2004 | 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Why guess and throw parts at it without possibly solving the problem?? Take it to a dealer and invest in having them read out the computer faults which will give you exactly what needs to be corrected
Old 06-03-2004 | 10:34 AM

LS7 powered Corvette
the code will not tell you "replace alternator" or "replace battery"

On a benz, you will get about 2million fault codes stating that each specific control module or component has detected an undervoltage situation. It doesn't fix the car for you. The technician, like my self, still must have the knowledge to be able to diagnose the car on his own.

Probably needs an alternator, but I would test the battery first.
Old 06-05-2004 | 02:20 AM

09' E350, 01' Maxima SE, 93 Nissan Maxima SE, 1987 Nissan Maxima SE
Thanks guys, I had the battery checked and the alternator tested. They were checked out fine. Apparently the battery message didn't show up again. I think the car has a mind of it's own with glitches.