Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xentry - Adjust Expected Resistance for exterior bulbs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Xentry - Adjust Expected Resistance for exterior bulbs

Hello, I've named my vehicle below but I think this could apply to most Mercedes built in the past 20 years or so... I did not find an answer in previous posts, my apologies if I didn't search efficiently.

Vehicle Make - e.g. Mercedes Benz
Vehicle Model- C230 Kompressor Sedan
Vehicle Year- 2005
Options the vehicle has- sport package code 949
Approximate mileage- e.g. 137,000

Describe the problem accurately and thoroughly:
* replaced parking light bulb with HID. Bulb spec is 5 W 5. As expected, the computer is expecting less resistance. Therefore the light blinks a couple times and then the computer tells me I need to replace the bulb. The new bulb is a Sylvania Zevo 168 bulb.

I'm aware of the Sylvania load resistor option, but I'm curious if it's possible to adjust the computer's expectation using Xentry (possibly the Developer mode?). I plan to invest in one but I'm still researching reliable sources, since it's clear the ones on eBay are not all built the same.

Last edited by JoeyDB; 09-06-2018 at 03:29 PM. Reason: previous post ack
Old 09-06-2018, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 176 Likes on 127 Posts
2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2005 C55; 2003 360 Modena
I think you'll need an inline compensator. I have a C4 v05/2018 from mbstartool.com with developer mode and I have spent a lot of time going through the options. I can't recall and I don't think you can change this setting.
The following users liked this post:
JoeyDB (09-06-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 08:56 PM
ot1

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by JoeyDB
Hello, I've named my vehicle below but I think this could apply to most Mercedes built in the past 20 years or so... I did not find an answer in previous posts, my apologies if I didn't search efficiently.

Vehicle Make - e.g. Mercedes Benz
Vehicle Model- C230 Kompressor Sedan
Vehicle Year- 2005
Options the vehicle has- sport package code 949
Approximate mileage- e.g. 137,000

Describe the problem accurately and thoroughly:
* replaced parking light bulb with HID. Bulb spec is 5 W 5. As expected, the computer is expecting less resistance. Therefore the light blinks a couple times and then the computer tells me I need to replace the bulb. The new bulb is a Sylvania Zevo 168 bulb.

I'm aware of the Sylvania load resistor option, but I'm curious if it's possible to adjust the computer's expectation using Xentry (possibly the Developer mode?). I plan to invest in one but I'm still researching reliable sources, since it's clear the ones on eBay are not all built the same.
no you did not replace the bulb with HID, which is high intensity discharge, i believe you meant LED, LIGHT EMMITTING DIODE. The LED draws less than 5w, if i were you i would put in a xenon 5w5 an be happy with with the color which will be whiter Than standard but more yellow than an LED.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:32 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Just get canbus enabled LEDs and HIDs. Draws same power as halogen so SAM won't know any better and won't throw error codes or have flashing.

We carry full line of canbus enabled LEDs and canbus Morimoto HID kits. Plug and play easy.