Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HVAC Issues W209

Old 09-08-2018, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 500
Unhappy HVAC Issues W209

Ok guys, so earlier in this spring I was running my AC and on my way to the gym it just stopped blowing air. I tried messing with the controls and nothing would happened. When I left the gym all was back to normal and the car was blowing cool air again. This happened to me one other time but all was good until about July when I really started to use my Air conditioning a lot. One day I'm heading out on my daily routine and I feel kind of a thump and smell a faint burnt rubber kind of smell. The AC starts blowing hot air and has done so ever since. I've been suffering in the triple digit heat here in California. I've tried to recharge but the pressure reading on the gauge is to high; around 120 psi if I recall correctly. I've done the flap reset and pulled the sensor readings from the climate control system. I fear that the compressor may have gone.

Readings are as follows:

00: 111
01: 107
02:105
03:131
04: 131
05: 129
06: 145
07: 10
08: 104

Thoughts anyone? I'd like to try everything possible before putting it in the shop.