Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service manuals 2014 e class trunk lid problems e550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550
Service manuals 2014 e class trunk lid problems e550

Are there any service manuals, wiring system manuals available for 2014 e class? We have a e550 that I have a few small issues and I would like to take care of them myself. Recently the back up lights and the trunk opening system quit. All buttons to OPEN the trunk will not work but the close button inside the trunk lid works. I have found that it’s a problem with the previous models but nothing for this one. It’s weird that it will close but not open. The reverse lights are on the trunk lid and I believe the brake/turn lights are supposed to operate on the trunk lid also. At least the brake, anyway nothing on the outside of the trunk lid works but on the inside it does. If I could see how this system works it would make more sense to me. If anyone has an idea for manuals or my problem that would be great! Thanks!
Old 12-02-2018, 12:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto

See attachment to remove trunk lid panel. As with previous 211 check harness @ hinge.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
trunk lid panel.pdf (994.4 KB, 169 views)
Old 12-02-2018, 06:57 PM

E550
I can’t find any wires broken or frayed. Any other ideas? The trunk lights are not working either. I’m going to pull the carpet and panel of the trunk lid next. It seems like it’s something else. I have reverse lights in the fender lighting assembly also I believe. No reverse but turn and break on fender, nothing on lid. Wtf!
Old 12-04-2018, 11:32 AM

E550
So my local Indy mechanic says it needs to go to Mercedes. The codes say there is a short or open circuit but they ohmed out the wires and they are good. He thinks reprogramming or replace the Sam module. I’m hoping programming!