SCN Online Coding - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCN Online Coding

Old 02-08-2019, 06:02 PM

SL500 R230 2003, CLA200 C117 2014
SCN Online Coding

Hello Everyone,

I have Xentry C5 SDconnect DoIP device and software to diagnose MB vehicles, I use them without problem. However, if I want to code any new part I do need SCN Online Coding and I do not have an account for that. I searched on web and saw some account sales but I don't know how it works or is it safe to buy it on internet. Do you have any experience or ideas how the system works, how to connect SCN online system.

Thank You !
Old 02-10-2019, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E350; 2008 911 C2; 2005 C55; 2003 360 Modena
Sites that sell the DAS/Xentry systems offer the service and several well respected users on MHHAuto.com provide it as well. TeamViewer is used (which is an icon on your desktop, or should be). The SCN providers use that to essentially login to your computer and perform the SCN coding using your system and their credentials. I have not used the providers - but would have no problem doing so. I bought my knockoff system from mbstartool.com and they offer SCN coding 1 time for $89.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:11 PM

in which cases should you use the scn encoding?
Old 02-11-2019, 08:34 PM

W204 C300
When you installed new part and need to teach in to the car. Also to perform updated on ECUs