Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Technical & Vehicle Assistance Forums > Mercedes Tech Talk
Initialization of Diagnosis multiplexer failed >

Initialization of Diagnosis multiplexer failed

Notices
Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 03-20-2019, 10:27 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2005 SL500, 1972 VW Karmann Ghia

Good morning everyone. Let me start by saying thank you to all the help I get from this forum, and from all who contribute their knowledge and experiences.
Here is my problem hopefully someone can help.
I bought an Mercedes SD Connect Star c4+Xentry 07/2018 Diagnostic software with a DELL Latitude 550 laptop. I have used this 3 times with no problems at all. A few days ago I tried to hook up to my sl500 and I got the "INITIALIZATION OF DIAGNOSIS MULTIPLEXER FAILED" message. I have included several photo's of computer screens showing what I am getting.
I am not connected to internet, so no updates should have been updated.
I have tried a different Lan cable, which does nothing different.
I have searched this forum but not getting what I am looking for.
I have searched the web, and am getting different scenarios, from programming, to cable issue. As you can see in pics I am not getting a connection signal. Do the cables fail frequently? Before I start spending money for no reasons, I am looking for help.
I AM NOT computer saavy at all, and I don't pretend to be, so if its a programming thing please explain like you are talking to someone in Kindergarten.
Can someone please help me
Thank you in advance
Rodney