Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes CLS w219 2008... Only passenger electric window works! Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLS
Mercedes CLS w219 2008... Only passenger electric window works! Help!

Hi guys out of the blue the drivers window and the rear windows don't work anymore. The auto up feature does work when closing the door but the master controls are lifeless on the drivers side. I just replace the controls on the drivers side also. Please help!

I have checked the fuzes also and they look ok
Old 08-07-2020, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls500
Originally Posted by Red Thunder
Hi guys out of the blue the drivers window and the rear windows don't work anymore. The auto up feature does work when closing the door but the master controls are lifeless on the drivers side. I just replace the controls on the drivers side also. Please help!

I have checked the fuzes also and they look ok
I have the same issue. Did you happen to fix yours?
Old 08-08-2020, 09:30 AM
Banned

Received 387 Likes on 306 Posts
'09 S600, (2) R129 300SLs, '03 SL500, '03 SL55
I would use a $250 Star Diagnosis System or its equivalent to see if the door control module in the driver's door is receiving the input from the switches. Presuming it is not, then next I likely would remove the door panel, unplug the switches from the door control module, and electrically check the switches with a multimeter.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
R350 and CLS500
Hello,
I have a 2007 CLS 500 and recently left the windows barely open because of the warm weather but an unexpected shower allowed water to trickle down the inside of the windows and now the driver and front passenger windows will not go up or down. The windows still adjust properly when opening and closing the door and I was able to press on the recirculate button for a few seconds to properly close all of the windows. When this first happened only the front passenger window was affected but now it is the driver side as well. When only the front passenger side was affected I had checked the fuse and it was fine. I purchased replacement button units but not door control modules. I am surprised that a little water could do this but the car is 13 years old so some of the seals may have weakened. Were there any further results from this string? Any other ideas before I head to a dealer? Many thanks!
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (09-04-2020)