Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C32 Hesitation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
C32 Hesitation

Since I have read discussions by other owners on this topic, I believe it to be common problem.
What I'm referring to is the hesitation or "flat spot" at around 1500 rpm. Although it is not as pronounced in "W" mode, I am not convinced that it is transmission/torque converter related, as some other owners have been told.
If I were to drive this car without knowledge of the extreme computerized control, I would say that this is a fuel mapping / sensor problem. Feels like there is little or no signal to the injectors (no fuel) when certain conditions are encountered - approx. 1500 rpm, light load, and slightly increasing throttle application. A couple of times I have continued pressing the pedal slowly and it actually slowed... then sudden acceleration!
Today I actually heard what sounded like a minimal lean backfire from under the hood. Could this be related to the vaccuum to boost transition? Or is it possible that in the quest for mileage and emissions, that the fueling at this point is simply too lean? If so, is this serviceable by a Tech or is it an issue of swapping out a sensor(s) and hoping for the best?
I will be taking to the dealer very soon, but wanted to get some input first.

Thanks,
Old 11-28-2001, 01:22 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey SteveW!

This has been talked a lot at the C32life forum. I believe this is a computer software problem. Check out their forum or ask JR. C32life.com!
Old 11-28-2001, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Hesitation

Hey Steve Were in S. Florida do you live? I have not seen another C32 around here in the Miami area. I dont have that hesitation people are talking about, or maybe it is so slight that i dont notice. Either way us S. Florida owners should meet up and trade info.
Old 11-28-2001, 01:39 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32life there's a few members out there in S Florida.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:49 PM

C32
Looking for mbtech208 input..

Yes, C32 Life is the source of all information on this subject other than my own experience.
Was hoping for opinion from mbtech208 on this prior to service visit.