Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes 2001 E320SLC need to replace front turn signal lens

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E320SLC
Mercedes 2001 E320SLC need to replace front turn signal lens

Hello, while driving, the front lens of the front driver's side turn signal must have fallen off, so I bought a new one, and I thought it would be simple to install, but I spent at least an hour trying, and gave up.

In this model car, the headlight and turn signal are contained in the same overall housing, but the turn signal housing is sold separately. I can't seem to remove the old turn signal.

I think it's held by tabs, but I can't see anyway to access those tabs to unhook them, unless maybe I should remove the whole housing that contains the headlight + turn signal? Maybe I ask it that is a necessary step? Thinking it is, I tried that, and I saw a few screws which I removed, and one was really hard to get to because it's blocked by some other metal of the engine, and even my ratchet wrench can't fit through there. Carefully using needle nose plier I was able to remove that screw, but still the headlight housing won't come up.

I think I can barely see that between that housing and the metal fender of the car are some raised areas, so to me, it almost seems like the whole fender of the car has to come off, but that's can't be right. is it really this hard to replace the turn signal lens? I'm hoping to get some pointers on how to uninstall the old one, because as I said, I spent at least an hour trying everything I can think of, but I can't figure it out.