Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLK seatbelt part numbers compatibility (versions, regions, RHD/LHD)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLK 2.7
Exclamation CLK seatbelt part numbers compatibility (versions, regions, RHD/LHD)

Hello, I'm a newbie to this site - looks like a great place to share information.

My question relates to compatibility of MB parts version numbers for my 100,000 miles, UK 2004 RHD CLK 2.7 diesel.

The driver's side inertia seat belt needs replaced. The part number is 209 860 19 85/7F03. There are some potential used replacements on Gumtree/Ebay etc, however they come from different CLK models - so different engine sizes, petrol (gas) rather than diesel, LHD rather than RHD etc. Plus the version number is different. To be clear, the version number in amongst the part number for my CLK (209 860 19 85/7F03) is 19. So for example while the other numbers are identical on the replacement used parts, the version number might be 24 or 25.

Any insight on how I can check compatibility please? Questions I have are:

1) Will version 24 or similar physically fit?
2) Are there likely to be any changes to versions that would cause incompatibility or inoperability?
3) Is there likely to be any inherent problems fitting a LHD passenger part to a RHD driver side?
4) Is there likely to be any difference between a part for a petrol (gas) car and a diesel?
5) Is there likely to be any difference between a part for a 270 and a 5.0 or 5.5?

Thanks for reading!

DB