Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

unusual ML320 ac problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question unusual ML320 ac problem

I have a 1999 ML320 that has wonderful a/c until it stops cooling. I shut off the A/C switch, turn back on after 5 seconds, and I'm great for another 10-15 minutes or longer. Occasionally goes for hours without a problem. It's fully charged. Superficial inspection is blank. I live in Arizona and it's about to get hot here, so advice appreciated
Old 07-15-2019, 02:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 C250
Originally Posted by swans045
I have a 1999 ML320 that has wonderful a/c until it stops cooling. I shut off the A/C switch, turn back on after 5 seconds, and I'm great for another 10-15 minutes or longer. Occasionally goes for hours without a problem. It's fully charged. Superficial inspection is blank. I live in Arizona and it's about to get hot here, so advice appreciated
Could be clutch engagement or a pressure/temperature sensor. I'd try reading codes with TorquePro or if that doesnt work the Carly app. Check the wires to sensors on the refrigerant lines for a hopefully quick and easy fix.

If it is the compressor clutch, as a heads up, most shops hate replacing just the clutch.