Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me find a gremlin (wiring schematic)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 02:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 C250
Help me find a gremlin (wiring schematic)

Hope this is the right forum, sorry if its not. On a w204 2013 c250 for years I've been getting a rare but intermittent issue:
1. "Corner marker light" warning. Usually i get out the car and its on and fine. Sometimes it comes on all of the sudden when I'm waiting my turn in the touchfree car wash, where moisture flies into the front of my car.
2. Hold brake feature where the brake will hold at a complete stop doesnt work.

Both 1 and 2 are more common on more common (yet rare) on cold days, and i should note i live very close to the coast. I believe its caused by condensation, even though its garaged.

2 is likely caused by a loose connection to some antilock or other form of brake sensor. I believe whatever wiring harness has that line as well as the corner light line is loose or has corrosion. Its probably just loose because its not getting worse and I've had the car since new.

Does anyone have a wiring pictogram to show me where this harness can be, or just the general areas i can trace the wires? I'm not a fan of modern car electrical and dont want to hop scotch troubleshoot without something to follow, especially because i suspect the wiring will be hard to reach and trace.

Sidenote: restarting the car usually doesnt not being on the same condition again.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:09 PM

2013 C250
Lunch time bump....if snyone csn help me with a source for electrical schematics that'll be plenty...thanks
Old 01-21-2020, 06:43 AM

2013 C250
Cold weather bump...seems worse when its colder.
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (01-21-2020)