Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem With 1999 SLK 230 Kompressor Bleed Valve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK 55
Angry Problem With 1999 SLK 230 Kompressor Bleed Valve

Here's one that I've been dealing with (unsuccessfully) for about a year now. About 2 years ago, I installed a Wetterauer Pulley kit. Related or otherwise, the Supercharger seal started leaking lubricating oil into my intake system. It was a real mess and required several cleanouts and a new MAS. The S/C was replaced and all was well except for one lingering problem. Under wide open throttle conditions, every once and a while, I feel a small bump in the engine. What appears to happen is that the bleed off valve sticks, and the compressed air from the S/C is vented off. The result, a normally aspirated 2.3 l engine. To rectify the situation, you must re-start the engine. This re-sets the computer and air valve.....until the next time. It doesn't happen all of the time and I've not been able to re-create with a technician in the vehicle. This weekend it happened 4 times!! I'm getting really good at re-starting the engine while still rolling but it really is a pain. I'd certainly hate to lose power while passing on the highway!! The dealer has replaced a number of parts with no success and won't do anything else. If anyone has any thoughts they would be greatly appreciated.