Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

560 SEL ENGINE DIES WHILE DRIVING

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
560sel
560 SEL ENGINE DIES WHILE DRIVING

Hi Guys
The engine in my 560 sel dies while driving.Does not matter what speed.When it dies I can start it immediately and it will start and go for another 50m or 100m or 1km or two..... very inconsistent. Sometimes it will go for ten km before it plays up.I have fitted new: fuel pumps ,filter, fuel distributor, fuel pump relay, cleaned the fuel tank out.It might be an electrical problem but I do not know where to start looking.
Thanks
Old 09-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,973 Likes on 3,123 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Sounds electrical. When did this behavior start? Have you replaced the battery(ies)?
Old 10-01-2019, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s 560 This is my 17th Mercedes
My new s 560 engine at idle has a beat felt through the car. The rate of the beat is like the engine has a heart.

Mercedes doesn't feel its an engine problem and I agree. The beat is pronounced more when holding the left side doors open.

At first they thought something in the drive train was over torqued and then set it correctly. Gave it back to me and said everything is fine after test drive. TEST DRIVE? Someone was not listening. It's at idle you feel it!. So I drove it away and first stop light I could feel it in my seat once again. It's back in the new car shop again. One of the top technicians met me today and I told him it's more pronounced in the left side of the car. He said it's very strange. Hello, yes I've owned 20 s classes over the years and know what is right and what is wrong. This is the second new Sclass sedans I have bought from this dealer.
They know that if this can't be rectified in a reasonable time, then I wan't it replaced.

P.S. I'm new to MB world. My problem is how can I start my own thread vs piggy backing on someone else's. It's not clear at all. Could be an age problem.

Last edited by gary grant; 10-05-2019 at 01:57 PM. Reason: More information regarding what I call a pulse or heart beat 60 times a minute.