Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on Hot Braking Vibration W204 350cdi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 350 CDI D6
Advice on Hot Braking Vibration W204 350cdi

I am experiencing a shuddering and Vibration when braking, but only when my brakes are hot. And a slight knock on the nearside front.

My first port of call was to replace the control arms, i have done both front upper and lower arms on both sides of the car, this has certainly helped a bit but i am still getting the braking issue and knock when going over speed bumps.

After this i replaced both front discs and pads (brembo) and tried to run them in as best i could without overheating or keeping my foot on the brake when at a junction or lights etc. Initially i didn't notice the issue but i was careful on my brakes for a good 400 miles.

As soon as i felt they had time to bed in once they got hot i experienced the same vibration and juddering.

The best way i can describe is it feels like warped discs but i doubt they are, if braking hard when your almost stopped it feels like the brakes are pulsing on and off there is a distinct change in braking force, this repetition gets slower as the car slows, (its not the ABS firing either).

I also changed my springs about 5 months ago and i am due to swap the dampers out as soon as they arrive.

My drop links have also been done when i did the springs also the front ARB was swapped for one from a 63 all bushings in good condition.

Both front wheel bearings have been done

In summary i have changed the following
  • All four springs
  • Front upper and lower control arms,both sides
  • Front Sway Bar
  • Front wheel bearings
  • Front Discs & Pads
  • Drop links both sides
New dampers are incoming with rear wheel bearings

Other than the dampers i am not sure what is left in this equation, any advice would be really good

Thanks in advance