Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inoperable code p2111

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GLK350
Inoperable code p2111

Newbie here, first posting...

My wife has a 12’ GLK350, she said her front left speaker keeps cutting in an out. Of course I can’t replicate while driving so I decide to take door panel off to check wiring as well as behind the radio. Still can’t get speaker to cut out so I put back together. When I was all done and tried to pull out of garage I got an error across the display that said inoperable with the traction control looking icon. Both error lights in dash board along with check engine light. Pulled code and it was P2111. TAC stuck open. Either complete coincidental or I did something. Tried to drive but car was in limp mode. Check all fuses, pulled battery terminal to reset, nothing. If I start car and turn off a couple times I get the error lights to go off and I can resume driving. However every time I stop engine and try to restart I have duplicate scenario??? Anyone.?
Old 10-19-2019, 09:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,920 Likes on 3,086 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Has any work been done to the engine? Specifically intake manifold throttle bodies? The error code is related to throttle actuators. Search this site and some of the root causes have been foreign objects (rubber band, gasket piece) in the throttle bodies.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GLK350
No engine work recently, just a set of front tires and brakes a couple months ago..