Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XENTRY AND WIS FOR DIY MECHANICS...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 388 Likes on 307 Posts
'09 S600, (2) R129 300SLs, '03 SL500, '03 SL55
Originally Posted by arturostillani
If you want to follow the advice from bobterry and get a system that has frustrated so many forum members...
There is a system that has indeed frustrated a few people who failed to do their due diligence when choosing a vendor. But that isn't the system I have been recommending since 2014. I challenge you to cite a single example of someone who was "frustrated" getting the system I recommend to work.

The system I recommend is practically plug-and-play. You simply insert the hard drive, boot to the Windows desktop, and use software provided to generate software keys. That takes about 15 minutes, and once completed, you are good to go...

​​​​​
Old 01-14-2020, 08:42 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
R230
Originally Posted by bobterry99
There is a system that has indeed frustrated a few people who failed to do their due diligence when choosing a vendor. But that isn't the system I have been recommending since 2014. I challenge you to cite a single example of someone who was "frustrated" getting the system I recommend to work.

The system I recommend is practically plug-and-play. You simply insert the hard drive, boot to the Windows desktop, and use software provided to generate software keys. That takes about 15 minutes, and once completed, you are good to go...

​​​​​
Reading your post you use the oldest, very first version of DAS from 2008 with VMware on an old crappy laptop
Your version has no offline programming, no online programming and lots of missing features.
You can keep using your "Fake news" method but the bottom line is that what you use is very limited.
It doesn't crash because every time you shut it down it resets. That is how VMware works.
Your recommendations are all suppositions as you never used any of it apart from your old 2008 VMware.
Pmercury helped me any many others, he told me 50% of his friends he helped to install and supports had those Chinese and old systems.
Now only reading the reviews shows the difference is day and night.

You can go on spreading your misinformation and that hate behind but Nobody believes your lie-posts
“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”

anyone who want to see the comparison chart, PM us or any of the happy users here and anywhere over the forum
​​​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by Tombraider333:
2007 SL600 (01-14-2020), arturostillani (01-14-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 08:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tombraider333
Reading your post you use the oldest, very first version of DAS from 2008 with VMware om...
Wrong. I have three versions of Star Diagnosis. NONE of them run under VMWare. If you remember the thread from which pmercury was banned I mentioned that I have no experience with VMWare.

You can go on spreading your misinformation...
The misinformation is entirely from. How else can sell a system for $800 when everyone is achieving their needs on a budget of $300? Again, just check this thread documenting dozens of successes.

You make accusations, I ask tor a single example, and it could be easy for you or one of your sycophants to supply one and prove your point, but no one can. That destroys your credibility and exposes your misrepresentations.

...anyone who want to see the comparison chart, PM us or any of the happy users here and anywhere over the forum
That comparison chart is complete rubbish, since it is based upon falsehoods which prevade each and every post you've made to this thread.

Last edited by bobterry99; 01-14-2020 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:58 AM
Banned

I have something to add to my post from an hour ago.

Pmercury's software is fine. His service is fine. But try as I might, I can not make a case for using him. There are simply too many better options.

One pmercury customer sucker considered his $800 well spent. He noted that time was money to him, and he didn't want to spend time getting a potentially difficult Chinese system working; i.e., one that is based upon VMWare. But for around $650 the Chinese sell a complete turn-key system which includes multiplexer, software, and a laptop. That is considerably less time and effort than dealing with pmercury.

So unless you implausibly are captivated by pmercury's "winning" personality, spend your money more wisely and choose another option.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:32 AM
Banned

I have something to add to my post from an hour ago.

Pmercury's software is fine. His service is fine. But try as I might, I can not make a case for using him. There are simply too many better options.

One pmercury customer sucker considered his $800 well spent. He noted that time was money to him, and he didn't want to spend time getting a potentially difficult Chinese system working; i.e., one that is based upon VMWare. But for around $650 the Chinese sell a complete turn-key system which includes multiplexer, software, and a laptop. That is considerably less time and effort than dealing with pmercury.

So unless you implausibly are captivated by pmercury's "winning" personality, spend your money more wisely and choose another option.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
R230

One pmercury customer sucker considered his $800 well spent..

You are calling us "SUCKERS" so ?

Last edited by Tombraider333; 01-19-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:14 PM
Banned

You are calling us "SUCKERS" so ?
Only the unspecified customer. He is distinguished by having made a dubious choice based upon his criteria.

Tombraider333 pmercury is a predator who exploits people's inability to understand the myriad of arcane Star Diagnosis options.

Last edited by bobterry99; 01-14-2020 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:17 PM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Only the unspecified customer. He is distinguished by having made a dubious choice based upon his criteria.

Tombraider333 pmercury is a predator who exploits people's inability to understand the myriad of arcane Star Diagnosis options.

You just called all of us "SUCKERS" and now you are calling me "PREDATOR"

Last edited by pmercury; 01-19-2020 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pmercury
Mostly all of us made that choice on perfectly proofed and documented criteria
We're going in circles here and covering no new ground.

By the way, you made the above post under "pmercury" instead of "Tombraider333" as you had surely intended. (Obviously pmercury didn't purchase a system from himself.) And that leaves me to the topic of trust.

Pmercury and I are making claims which are at complete odds with one another. Who should be believed? The member who has a profit motive, makes posts under a 2nd username posing as his customer, and "Likes" his own posts (pmercury), or the member who has no financial interest (me)?

Last edited by bobterry99; 01-14-2020 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:36 PM

CL
"Using this system" I build ! what is your problem ??? you only see what what you want to read ??

and where did you see 800$ spend ? that also is a lie again

Last edited by pmercury; 01-17-2020 at 03:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
2007 SL600 (01-14-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 12:43 PM
Banned

"Using this system" I build ! what is your problem ???
This question perplexes me. Have you not read all of my posts? There's this:

------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think it can happen, but here is what I'd like to see.

I'd like you to acknowledge that the inexpensive Chinese systems are really quite excellent. If you can, make an honest case for why someone ought to pay a premium for your setup. If you do that, you will have my full support.

Last edited by bobterry99; 01-14-2020 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:32 PM

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
2002 CL600
If I could BAN Bob Terry, I'd do it. Mr. Terry, you have persisted in attacking a hard-working, decent man, and you continue to post hateful messages on a thread that was meant to help others, based upon my personal knowledge and experience with various Xentry systems. The Chinese software does not work, or it requires a stupid amount of fiddling to make it work. I urge all of you on this site to ignore BobTerry and contact PMercury for your Xentry needs. I have no financial stake in this. Peter is an honest person, and your money will be well-spent with him. Contact me if you have any questions. I'm happy to respond. Moderators, please get BobTerry off this board or tell me how I can keep from seeing his posts.

Last edited by BayArchitect; 01-14-2020 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Typo
The following 5 users liked this post by BayArchitect:
2007 SL600 (01-14-2020), arturostillani (01-14-2020), JamesMitchell (01-14-2020), pmercury (01-14-2020), Tombraider333 (01-14-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 02:12 PM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
2004 SL55
BayArchitect - you nailed it! Bobterry99 wants to use this forum as a punching bag for his frustrations. Pmercury has literally helped thousands with his helpful posts and guidance in diagnostic systems. Administrators should act accordingly and stop his use of our forum. He’s ruining the experience and adds no value to what we’re all trying to achieve - keeping our beloved Benz’s running strong.

Bobterry99 take your frustrations to another forum and leave us all alone!!
The following 5 users liked this post by arturostillani:
2007 SL600 (01-14-2020), BayArchitect (01-14-2020), JamesMitchell (01-14-2020), pmercury (01-14-2020), Tombraider333 (01-14-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 02:20 PM

Received 111 Likes on 55 Posts
'07 S65 '05 SL65 '07 GL450 '03 SL55 (sold)
I'd like you to acknowledge that the inexpensive Chinese systems are really quite excellent. If you can, make an honest case for why someone ought to pay a premium for your setup. If you do that, you will have my full support.
bobterry - enough is enough! Like Arturo said, you need to take your shouting match somewhere else. No one needs to prove any points to you. This whole situation is pointless! And this is a disgrace to this forum as it certainly doesn't add any value to all of us DIYers. bobterry, please take heed of what many of us have said and stop with your nonsense. If you feel so passionately about something but it doesn't add value to Mbworld as a whole - send a darn private message to whomever you have these eccentric thoughts. Otherwise, stop posting and deteriorating the forum experience!
The following 3 users liked this post by JamesMitchell:
2007 SL600 (01-14-2020), arturostillani (01-15-2020), Tombraider333 (01-14-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 07:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BayArchitect
...you continue to post hateful messages...
Cite a "hateful" post, and I will edit it.

Anyway, this little love fest can continue without me. My work is done: The smears against good, inexpensive Chinese Star Diagnosis have been neutralized.

Meanwhile, work on free, legally-distributable Star Diagnosis continues...

Last edited by bobterry99; 01-14-2020 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:10 PM

CL
UPGRADING FIRMWARE

Automobiles have always been comprised of a complex system of parts that work together to allow it to function appropriately; this is especially true of vehicles today. Over time, the evolution of cars has progressed into the age of technology. The most advanced vehicle technology, as seen in high-end luxury automobiles and performance autos alike, allows drivers to experience technology in their everyday commutes. Mercedes-Benz is one of the top vehicle manufacturers in the country that employs the most recent technological advances in their automotive engineering and design. Although computers have existed in Mercedes automotive engineering for decades, vehicle functioning and performance is now reliant upon computers and technology more so than ever before. Therefore, just as it is necessary to update your computer at home in order for it to function at its best, Mercedes owners must also commit to updating their vehicle computer software too. It helps to understand why updating your Mercedes software is important, so here’s a little more information on how technology contributes to your vehicle’s functioning:

Systems that Software Potentially Affects

Most of us don’t realize how many of the systems in our vehicle are monitored or controlled with technology; just know that there are more than we can name! Of course the obvious software-controlled systems like radio controls, navigation, and temperature control have made their way into the digital age and need updates from time-to-time in order to function at their best. Beyond these obvious systems, you might be surprised to hear that your Mercedes relies on software to effectively manage emission controls, powertrain functions, and even safety systems like anti-lock brakes and airbags. Furthermore, vehicle manufacturers, including Mercedes-Benz have encountered problems that have lead to other recall issues related to the vehicle’s computer and software. It is critical to stay abreast of any recalls related to your particular Mercedes, and you can do this by directly contacting your vehicle manufacturer.

Notifications and Cost

The general public and the average Mercedes driver aren’t always notified of available software updates for their vehicles. Vehicle manufacturers have not quite nailed down a good system for notifying their customers about how and when to update software, but, as previously mentioned, occasionally manufacturer recalls are related to software updates. The cost of your software update will be dependent upon whether or not the parts affected are under warranty or not. Software updating is sometimes critical for safety reasons, as it may affect some systems in your Mercedes that could potentially cause an accident if unaddressed over a period of time. Therefore, it is essential for you to be in touch with your Mercedes manufacturer in order to remain current with software updates available—don’t wait for them to contact you, especially because manufacturers are notoriously not great at reaching out to their customers about software updates in general.

Absolutely none of any Chinese cracked and hacked software sold on aliexpress or anywhere else can do this neither connect to the MB servers to get VDOK SCN coding.
(This is the only solution in order replace transmission, shifter and engine modules for example. Another one is retrofit / add options like oem paddle shifters.)

My system can do all of this, and much more...

Hardware must be bought only from Ali and only recommended tested versions as Chips inside vary Quality vs Price
C3 is the past, only for old MB, not working with new Xentry Das since 2015- C5 is fake, there never was a real C5 clone - C6 does not allow certain coding and get easily blocked.
Since 2016 version, MB can brick/block all the bad hardware remotely anytime with those cheap Chinese cracked software versions .
ONLY recommended and tested C4 must be used !

There are many choices for DAS/Xentry Diagnostics for MB.
Ensure you have the right information before getting one. There is too much misleading info.
I’m a forum member and programmer who’s learned the hard way. PM me if you have any questions.

READ ALL THE REVIEWS HERE

you can also try to fix your Mercedes with 5$ Ducktape

Last edited by pmercury; 01-25-2020 at 04:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
arturostillani (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 03:49 AM
Banned

I can offer a strong rebuttal to the post above, but I wrote that I was done with this thread and I meant it. I'm only back to mention something I just learned.

A new option for Mercedes diagnostics is the Foxwell NT510 Elite. A member on this thread has one and has used it to perform in-depth diagnostics of his ABC system (Rodeo, level calibration). This remarkable $130 device may closely rival Star Diagnosis in its capabilities and is something I want to learn more about.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:35 PM

Received 184 Likes on 107 Posts
09 SL500, 03 E320 CDI Wagon
For a longer period of time I have had to deal with a Psychopath, and I thought I would share my experience with you, and how to spot one.
Psychopatisch behavior can take many form's but there are some tell, tell signs that are general for all types.

1. They have a grandiose sense of self-worth.
2. They have an excess need for stimulation or proneness to boredom, and can't endure periods of the doldrums.
3. They are pathological liars, and don't care about the truth.
4. They are conning and manipulative, and often believe they can pull the strings of the dupes around them.
5. They have a parasitic lifestyle, and prefer not to work for a living. They feel it is easier just to deceive people and take their money.
6. They have poor behavioral control, and find it difficult to keep themselves in check.
7. They fail to accept responsibility for their actions, and it is always someone else's fault.

So, now you have an idea, how to spot a Psychopath, through his general behavior, and if it sounds familiar, you have one just in front of you.

Last edited by SLcharge; 01-17-2020 at 12:12 AM. Reason: grama.
The following 2 users liked this post by SLcharge:
arturostillani (01-15-2020), pmercury (01-19-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 09:22 AM
Banned

I read a PM this morning which compels me to post back to this topic of "WIS and XENTRY for DIY mechanics..."

A member is looking for an SDS system that will work on his three vehicles which include a 2016 model. Searching through aliexpress.com he found this C5-based turnkey system for only $566 which I believe he is going to buy. That's quite a bit less than the $650 I had mentioned in an earlier post for a system like this.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 420 CDI (W164.128, 2006)
Dianosis Tool for private use

Please stop misinforming the forum. Nobody has had a problem with the setup I have recommended. If you disagree, I challenge you to cite one example.

Also, in about one week I expect to legally offer free Star Diagnosis software to anyone who requests it. This software will run on any PC. It is not sourced from China. With this software a fully-working Star Diagnosis can be had for just $200.
Hello
I have a 2006 ML (w164) 420 CDI I bought new but now it's getting old and some litle issues. I like the car very much and I want to keep it as long as I can! I like mechanical and I have time for it, so I would like to do as much service and repairs I can! For that I need a diagnosis tool and one that can programme the car software for adding accessories (for example a reverse backup camera).
So, what can/should buy? Can you help me?
Old 02-23-2022, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 420 CDI (W164.128, 2006)
Dianost Tool for private use

Thank you guys !
Hello
I have a 2006 ML (w164) 420 CDI I bought new but now it's getting old and some litle issues. I like the car very much and I want to keep it as long as I can! I like mechanical and I have time for it, so I would like to do as much service and repairs I can! For that I need a diagnosis tool and one that can programme the car software for adding accessories (for example a reverse backup camera).
Old 02-23-2022, 02:29 PM
SPONSOR

Received 818 Likes on 634 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by jprjjj
Hello
sure
just visit my website and send a request
www.benzninja.com
Old 01-21-2024, 09:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 SL500
Hi,
I just purchased a 2003 SL500 that has been in storage for 7 years. Low mileage but a complete fruitcake as far as the top, ABC and god knows what are concerned. I purchased it with the idea of restoring it to life and possibly reselling it once it is all sorted out. I know that it will be a challenge but I have an extra garage bay, a lift and no time constraints.
However, none of my scanners can get into the bowels of MB systems that operate the top, activate ABC shocks, etc. Therefore I need the STAR system. I heard that there is a member here pmercury who helps the toads beneath the harrow like myself to get a turn key systems. I attempted to DM him but for some reason it didn't work. How to get in touch with him?
thanks
pk
Old 01-21-2024, 02:36 PM
SPONSOR

Received 818 Likes on 634 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by peterkay
Hi,
I just purchased a 2003 SL500 that has been in storage for 7 years. Low mileage but a complete fruitcake as far as the top, ABC and god knows what are concerned. I purchased it with the idea of restoring it to life and possibly reselling it once it is all sorted out. I know that it will be a challenge but I have an extra garage bay, a lift and no time constraints.
However, none of my scanners can get into the bowels of MB systems that operate the top, activate ABC shocks, etc. Therefore I need the STAR system. I heard that there is a member here pmercury who helps the toads beneath the harrow like myself to get a turn key systems. I attempted to DM him but for some reason it didn't work. How to get in touch with him?
thanks
pk
try www.benzninja.com
Old 01-21-2024, 03:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 SL500
Originally Posted by BenzNinja
Hi,
Yes, I did but I didn't see an option to purchase a turn key system e.g. laptop and multiplexer, etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: XENTRY AND WIS FOR DIY MECHANICS...