Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Quiting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 05:19 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wont answer any more questions on this post to keep the peace it seems whatever i say someone is determind to argue otherwise, im here only to help solve problems not to get into arguments which is not good for the site, i hope the person who has the problem sorts it as soon and cheaply as possible and good luck
Old 07-17-2010, 12:58 AM

2004 Chrysler crossfire
Engine quitting

Originally Posted by mercedestech1
If the fuel pump stopped working you would still have residual pressure in the fuel rail,appx. 3.9 BAR(about 60 psi). This pressure will slowly bleed down every time an injector opens. The engine will slowly start misfiring and lacking power then die. If the crank sensor intermitantly fails the engine will stall immediately! Yes,there are other things that could cause these symptoms,but the crank sensor is the most common,the easiest and the most inexpensive of them all.
Originally Posted by teky
mercedestech1 meet saturn becuse i dont think either of you know what your talking about apart from you must have shares in crank sensors, learn to diagnose problems
Your right,I dont know what I'm talking about,after all I only graduated with high honers at technical school specifically for the diagnosis and repair of automobiles.Oh and I forgot to mention that I finished 1st in my class at the Mercedes-Benz graduate training program.I would like to hear your argument why you think it's not a crank sensor!!! I have a 2004 Chrysler crossfire which constantly stalled when hot and would not start. The diagnostic turned out to be a CRANK SENSOR....Thanks Mercedes Tech
Old 07-17-2010, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 199 Likes on 178 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Not to help resurrect a thread from 2004, but fact of the matter is pretty much EVERY M112, i.e. 320 engine is going to need a new crankshaft postion sensor by now. Cost of doing business.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:18 AM

2004 Chrysler crossfire
ikchris,
No problem, My chrysler crossfire is a mercedes 320 with a chrysler badge. The other day while stopping for a starbucks the car just quit running after a 1 hour delay the car started just fine. I have never had this experience before but would like to stay on top of the maintenace so that this doesn't happen again. After being towed to my repair shop no one could find the problem. So I searched the web and find threads from 6 years ago. The curious question I have is that this happen right at the 50K mark is this normal and could this have been avoided....anyway thank you for the tips I am driving again.....thanks derdavis