Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Radio "acquiring signal" problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
XM Radio "acquiring signal" problem

Hello everyone. I have a 2008 S550. I had Sirius XM turned on the other day and they said everything was activated and working properly. I told them that I wasn't getting and signal and they informed me it may take 24 hours to pick up. I thought that was odd but I said okay. Now a few days later, still no service. I've called them three times and no one there has any idea how to fix the issue. The radio just says "acquiring signal". If I try to set it to a particular channel, it tells me "invalid channel". Has anyone seen this before?
Old 01-06-2020, 09:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,935 Likes on 3,099 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Confirm your radio id is correct in your Sirius account. I think you can request via self service to have an activation signal sent to your vehicle. Be sure the vehicle has a clear view of the sky and is parked away from buildings and trees while requesting the signal.

Be sure your Sirius account has all of the necessary and correct information. Be sure you payment is up to date.

If none of the above works, take it to an audio shop or independent repair shop.

The following users liked this post:
Cody McNeely (01-07-2020)