Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W463A 2019 G63 inoperative messages keep popping up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS63
W463A 2019 G63 inoperative messages keep popping up

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a second hand 2019 G63 (reg in August 2019) last week, with 7800 miles on clock, however everyday when I drive the car there is a chance of function inoperative messages popping up, they are 5 in total and are all the same every time.. thought it was ABS wheel speed sensor problem so today I took it to a garage to have a look by OBD diagnostic, but after clearing the faulty codes all seems to be fine in the second run, no any more faulty code whatsoever.. and the messages showed up again on my way back home.

Those malfunction messages are:
1. Active Lane Keeping Assist inoperative
2. Active Distance Assist inoperative
3. Active Brake Assist Functions limited see owners manual
4. Blind Spot Assist inoperative
5. ESP(icon) inoperative see owners manual

They actually deactivates my car‘s ESP, distronic and start/stop function, the buttons for these features also die.

May I ask how a car with no more than 8k miles and half year old can have this problem? It seems serious. Could anyone help me to diagnose where the problem is? Luckily the car has warrenty, but unless I point out where the problem is (which part of the car is wrong), the main dealer won‘t deal with it since in the past times I went to them with my former car they just told me to demonstrate the problem to their engineer otherwise they will keep saying they cannot find anything wrong! Regarding this G63’s faulty messages, they dissapear when I re-start the car so no-way can the dealer find the messages unless they keep driving it (free G63 drive around??)
Old 10-31-2021, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Cars
Did you resolve your issue?

I just got another S Class coupe and the very first time I sat in the seat these warnings went off. The dealer I bought it from told me to take it to the dealership in my area and they would pat to fix anything that was a causing the problem.