Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airmatic compressor always running

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2102 GL450
Airmatic compressor always running

I have a 2012 GL450 with the airmatic suspension compressor constantly running. All four airbags are new and are not leaking. The relay has been replaced with a brand new relay. I noticed that the air intake line was broken off and I reconnected it. Is there anyway of finding out why it constantly runs? there are no leaks in the system and it is not sagging on any shock.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:17 PM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Originally Posted by Saint0560
I have a 2012 GL450 with the airmatic suspension compressor constantly running. All four airbags are new and are not leaking. The relay has been replaced with a brand new relay. I noticed that the air intake line was broken off and I reconnected it. Is there anyway of finding out why it constantly runs? there are no leaks in the system and it is not sagging on any shock.
probably running because you still have a leak somewhere
does your car goes to other height positions and remains there ? if yes that means your pressure sensors are ok
Old 05-10-2020, 12:27 AM

Received 238 Likes on 164 Posts
W203 W212 W211 R53MCS
When you say that it runs all the time......... do you mean from the moment the key is turned on the pump comes on and it never shuts off???
Old 11-07-2023, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 R350 Bluetec
Did you resolve this? I have similar problem.
Old 11-11-2023, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C205 W/ M177
This is how I would approach this.

1. Make sure the car is on level ground
2. Remove the fuse for the air compressor
3. Monitor ride height on level ground for a day or two

If the ride height stays the same, you could probably exclude a leak from your compressor, valve block, air lines, and front & rear airbags from this issue

The next step would be to monitor your right height sensors and linkages. This is usually done with a scan tool viewing all 4 ride height readings, as well as visually inspecting them for defects such as seizing.

If the ride height sensors and linkages are okay, you could probably exclude height sensors from this issue.

These two procedures narrow down common fault areas relating to the OP's description, given that the GL's electrical integrity hasn't been compromised.