Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HVAC Not working AMG GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 03:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT S
HVAC Not working AMG GTS

Hello everyone,

16 AMG GTS. I recently replaced the HVAC control module due to having zero climate control functionality “wont turn on, no lights on push button unit” and “no communication with AC control module“ when scanned. Also had “malfunction” warning message in center gauge cluster and thought they were related. Now with the new HVAC control module, the climate control System turns on, I can control fan speed, air temp, diffuse location, etc. However, the air only blows a constant temp (no hot, no AC cold air) no matter the temp set. All codes cleared and still have “malfunction” warning light on and scanner is showing no dtc’s. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

John,
Old 06-19-2020, 03:13 PM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
you need to do a proper diagnostic with Xentry
shouldn't be a problem if you can afford a GT
Old 06-19-2020, 04:17 PM

AMG GT S
Originally Posted by pmercury
you need to do a proper diagnostic with Xentry
shouldn't be a problem if you can afford a GT
I have icarsoft Mb 2. I do not have access to a Xentry system.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:03 PM

CL
Originally Posted by john5
I have icarsoft Mb 2. I do not have access to a Xentry system.
look in you private messages
Old 07-30-2020, 02:07 PM

AMG GT S
Hello everyone,

16 AMG GTS. I recently replaced the HVAC control module due to having zero climate control functionality “wont turn on, no lights on push button unit” and “no communication with AC control module“ when scanned. Also had “malfunction” warning message in center gauge cluster and thought they were related. Now with the new HVAC control module, the climate control System turns on, I can control fan speed, air temp, diffuse location, etc. However, the air only blows a constant temp (no hot, no AC cold air) no matter the temp set. All codes cleared and still have “malfunction” warning light on and scanner is showing no dtc’s. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

John,
I cannot gain control of HVAC flap motors through scanner. The scanner is showing “NA” where you would normally enter a value to actuate the different HVAC location motors (floor, defrost, etc) Anyone have ideas what to check for now?
Old 07-30-2020, 02:18 PM

CL
I cannot gain control of HVAC flap motors through scanner. The scanner is showing “NA” where you would normally enter a value to actuate the different HVAC location motors (floor, defrost, etc) Anyone have ideas what to check for now?
probably just need a little online coding
not possible with your "scanner" thing