Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 280SE fuel issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1969 280SE
1969 280SE fuel issue

I have a 1969 280SE. I decided to switch over to electronic ignition and ditch the points set up. I bought the appropriate electronic ignition and new coil from Hot-Spark. I took the car for a spin before installing, parked the car, installed new coil and electronic ignition, all seemed to go well. I cranked the engine, it turned over strong, but did not start. So first thing I checked was spark at each spark plug, I used an in-line tester and it showed I had good spark at all 6 plugs. So next thought was fuel, I disconnected one of the fuel lines going to the injector on cylinder 6, cranked the engine and no fuel came out. Pulled the fuel line off the injector on cylinder number one, same thing, no fuel. When I turn the key on you can hear the fuel pump turn on.
so my question is, how can switching over to electronic ignition effect fuel delivery? The car was running on points an hour earlier, so I find it hard to believe something failed. I’m stumped, any help is much appreciated
Steve