Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning s55 AMG 04 Me2.8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 06:23 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
w220 S55 AMG 2004
Question Tuning s55 AMG 04 Me2.8

i have been looking all over the forum to find an answer to my satiation. i have a S55 04 and few years back i added a 180 crank Pulley and tuned it with some local shop . so far the tune is great , No issues in it but i wanna go a bit more with 83 supercharger Pulley and bosch 630CC injectors.
my main issue now is the tune ! the shop which done my car is permanently closed and back in the days he used to tell me that he adds a lock on all of his tune files . i have a basic knowledge in HP tuning my self on American cars ( dodge and chevys ) any that is why i believed him since there is a lock in the HP tuner to lock the tune file if u wish . but since this is my first MB and HP tuning does not support those ME2.8 ECUs so i never been able to do any tuning for it my self . now here is my questions :
1- what is my options in tuning ( my self ? or out source ?)
2- is there any kind of lock that can lock my ECU like my local tuner said in these ECUs or he was just bluffing ? ( i have no idea what software he used to tune my car.
3- what is the software that i can use to tune this ECU my self ?
4- any one here has the stock ECU file for either E55 or S55 or any m113K engine ? and which software to use ?\
5- if any of you has experience with VRP tune or any tune for that matter please share your experiences with them in terms of the tune stability, power, cost and differences in flashing the tune (OBD port )
6- i read somewhere here that you can do a bit of modification to the tune using MB star through something called C4 and C5 ( no idea what is this )
any information will be highly appreciated.
cheers
Old 01-27-2021, 06:57 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
w220 S55 AMG 2004
Bump -