Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes Me App - 3.0.2 (913)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 S560
Mercedes Me App - 3.0.2 (913)

Hi forums,

So I have owned the 2019 S560 for over a year now and before the new Mercedes Me App was delivered, I had no issues with the previous app. Since updating the the new app here are the issues I am seeing.

When opening in the morning to start remotely, it does not have the correct status of the car. I have to close the app and reopen. Refresh does not work.
On 2/5/2021 it had me resign in and it took over 10 minutes for it to actually see the car info in the app.
On 2/6/2021 I opened the app and it says the car is running and doors are locked, even though the car is off and doors are unlocked.

These are just a few things that are happening, and most of the time the app has the wrong status of the car.

While you will ask me, how's your network, your cell service, etc, I have checked all these out and all look great.

Any ideas on the disconnect of the app?
Old 02-08-2021, 01:05 PM

Received 146 Likes on 121 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
The failures of this app have been discussed in multiple threads here. Unfortunately, it's simply an embarrassing piece of crap.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLB 2020
I activated my Mercedes me Connect app 1/2/21 and somehow after a recent software upgrade (automatic pushed in my GLB 2020) the window and door kept showing as "open." So this obviously would not let me do remote engine start. Since app thinks --windows are doors are open, ENGINE ON. I've contacted the support for meConnect at least 10 times for a few weeks. They had me reset the app, reinstall, toggle a few buttons, they even deactivated and activated my services. long story short-- no one has a clue on the "front end" support. They even messed it up more that it just says "INCOMPLETE CONFIGURATION." Everything is supposedly activated. But it says "ACTIVATION IN PROGRESS" for about a week now. So I do not see any info such as trip data, services, engine, lock, etc. It's such a buggy epic fail! I called to follow up and was told by different representatives "the hermes module needs to be replaced you should take it to the dealer" or that "the app should work in 3-5 business days" "wait for it to refresh so the satellite will see it in 24 hours after you start running/driving your car" and my favorite is "we do not have a way to contact the back end of tech support, they are working on it you should hear back from them." Which means wait weeks or forever, and maybe hopefully someone is truly working on this. No status, no feedback, no update calls. This is frustrating.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:33 AM

Received 146 Likes on 121 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Your experience was very similar to mine. The app is relentlessly dysfunctional and the "support" team is completely incompetent. They repeatedly suggest the same set of actions, none of which actually fix the problems. This is why, when the complimentary period expired, I deleted the app.
Old 01-18-2022, 04:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Rivian R1T
Originally Posted by Bakerstery262
I activated my Mercedes me Connect app 1/2/21 and somehow after a recent software upgrade (automatic pushed in my GLB 2020) the window and door kept showing as "open." So this obviously would not let me do remote engine start. Since app thinks --windows are doors are open, ENGINE ON. I've contacted the support for meConnect at least 10 times for a few weeks. They had me reset the app, reinstall, toggle a few buttons, they even deactivated and activated my services. long story short-- no one has a clue on the "front end" support. They even messed it up more that it just says "INCOMPLETE CONFIGURATION." Everything is supposedly activated. But it says "ACTIVATION IN PROGRESS" for about a week now. So I do not see any info such as trip data, services, engine, lock, etc. It's such a buggy epic fail! I called to follow up and was told by different representatives "the hermes module needs to be replaced you should take it to the dealer" or that "the app should work in 3-5 business days" "wait for it to refresh so the satellite will see it in 24 hours after you start running/driving your car" and my favorite is "we do not have a way to contact the back end of tech support, they are working on it you should hear back from them." Which means wait weeks or forever, and maybe hopefully someone is truly working on this. No status, no feedback, no update calls. This is frustrating.
Hey do you have an update on this situation? Going through something similar to this and having no luck getting it fixed. It's been a month and support is awful.