Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W205 Lock and Unlock system malfunction?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 (Luxury Edition) W205
W205 Lock and Unlock system malfunction?

Hello Everyone,

I am currently experiencing a problem with my cars security / locking system where even after I lock the car after I return I will find the car unlocked and basically wide open for anyone walking by to just open the door and help themselves to whatever they might want to steal!?!

This is the second time this has happened now where when I return to the car I immediately notice something is different and then look inside to see the doors unlocked and wide open making it simple for me to just grab the handle to the door pull it and am right in?!

Now I don’t understand how I keep doing this especially considering after the first time discovering the door had somehow become unlocked and wide open while I was gone I have made an extremely special effort to ensure I lock the door each time and have even become a little OCD over the matter because it’s been twice now that that I’ve come back to having my car being robbed and the doors wide open and the first time it happened I came back to find all of my clothes I had in my back seat in a hamper had been missing as well as a PlayStation I had just been given, on top of just about 500-600 in gift cards I had just gotten for my birthday as well!

Oh and I almost forgot they also got me for a $300 pair of Gucci Aviators which they then replaced with a $2 pair they must of gotten on the boardwalk just in front of my house since I see that same pair for sale everywhere every time I go walking down it..

so my question to you is why does this keep happening and has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Where the car keeps becoming unlocked even when you are almost 99% sure you locked the car before you walking away and also have made an extreme effort to do so especially after the first couple Burglaries have happened?

I also have noticed that I also keep having a problem where the buttons on the key to unlock and lock the door will no longer work anymore forcing me to then take the key apart and mechanically unlock the car using the actually metal key setting the alarm off each time I do it as well?

like I said I am almost positive I have had the doors locked each time this has happened and am just wondering if it’s light possibly have something to do with the distance the key is from the car while I’m gone and away from it and if I’m close something might be happening or if this is a malfunction anyone else is experiencing and hopefully there’s a way to fix it?

so please let me know and hopefully this all makes since, and if it doesn’t just let me know and I will reexplain any part of it again so just let me know and I look forward to hearing your guys reply

Thank you and have a great day everyone!
Old 03-04-2021, 08:19 AM

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Is the key fob in your pocket when the car unlocks itself, and if so, how far away from the car are you?