Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 mercedes cl600 trunk release problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 05:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
cl600
Question 2004 mercedes cl600 trunk release problem

hi, hoping you could advise me. i have a 2004 mercedes cl 600 and the button on the drivers side panel which includes the window buttons and the button on the bottom of the panel which used to have a red light come on when you turned the key on and allowed me to open the trunk by pulling the button up no longer works. the panel works for all window functions, but i can't open the trunk. i was told to buy a replacement panel with a good trunk release button that lights up. problem is i have bought several on ebay that were tested and guaranteed to work. when i installed each one and tested them for opening the trunk they didn't light up and i was told that they had to be programmed into the car with mercedes star. i do have a mercedes star system with das and developer mode. could you please tell me the steps i need to take to reprogram the trunk release switch. my mechanic said that i had to take it to the dealer and they want to charge me in excess of $2000 including buying a brand new door panel switch from them. i believe my star system is capable of handling the job, i just need the proper procedure.
thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
p.s. do you think it would help if i used the old connecting wires from the original module and connected them to the new trunk release module.
​​​​​​​my mercedes mechanic scanned my car and said that the trunk release panel is not communicating with the release module in the trunk. he said that i definitely need a new door panel and everything else was working properly, but said only the dealer can reprogram the module.

Last edited by biker349; 10-27-2021 at 05:35 AM.