Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 E63 AMG Bi Turbo Coolant leak, how to replace shutoff valve at back of head?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 10:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E63 AMG 5.5 BiTurbo
2011 E63 AMG Bi Turbo Coolant leak, how to replace shutoff valve at back of head?

Hi all, I've recently purchased this car and have slowly been sorting through lots of little maintenance issues. I have a very slow coolant leak that I have narrowed down to this "shutoff valve" part that runs from the back of the head and into the firewall. From the research I've done and from what I can see it looks like I have the part a2782002152 and I can see that it is leaking from below this. I'm guessing it is the O-ring that goes into the head as it looks to be pooling under there and i can see lots of dry old coolant under it.

My question is how on earth do you get access to this part to remove/replace. There is little to no room to get to it at all other that possibly removing the entire inlet manifold which from what I can see means removing the ecu, wiring harness, fuel lines, intake pipes etc...surely there is an easier way to remove this without taking everything off the top of the engine?

Part is the picture below that I believe to be the culprit.

The following users liked this post:
biker349 (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 04:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E63 AMG 5.5 BiTurbo
well it looks like I got really lucky and stumbled across a video on YouTube of a guy that had the exact same issue, looks like I have to pull everything apart.

For anyone interested this is the updated part number for the feed line A2782002152 and the updated heater hose is A2128302300

The following users liked this post:
biker349 (01-14-2022)