Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 mercedes cl600 for sale cheap totaled by insurance co. can be rebuilt 100%

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
cl600
Unhappy 2004 mercedes cl600 for sale cheap totaled by insurance co. can be rebuilt 100%

my 2004 mercedes cl600 was totaled by insurance co. rear end collision on right rear side. my mechanic said he could rebuild it to as new condition, but i want to move on. car was meticulously maintained with all new parts.
short list of new parts all 4 struts replace by dealer, brand new battery 3 year warranty, new brakes and calipers, exhaust system has been checked and new donuts and all parts replaced, interior is like new with the exception of the drivers seat which needs work. no warnings after crash. seat belts work and car drives as it should. as a doner car you will have everything you need for a long time. as i said car can be rebuilt 100% to as new condition.paint is excellent silver metallic. i also have 3 new coli packs, igniter box for coil packs (voltage transformer) and various other parts. 6 cd tape deck was replaced by mercedes. i had a service contract with mercedes and every possible thing was done to the car including all new suspension parts and hoses. i am heart broken. car is located in fort pierce florida and can be flat bedded anywhere without any problems.
any questions please email me, or send a p.m and i will get back to you a.s.a.p.. if you want to talk to me on the phone, or in person, or want to see the car, all that can be arranges.
the best, harv $12,000 car has never left the sate of florida.
Old 02-09-2022, 08:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,955 Likes on 3,110 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Sorry to hear about the collision.

If the car was totaled by the insurance company, who holds (owns) the title today?
Old 02-10-2022, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cl600
i will get the title. once i get the check probably today, or tomorrow.
the best, harv
Old 02-10-2022, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cl600
spoke to the insurance company multiple times today and they said the car was totaled and i would get paid directly since there is no lean holder and i own the car free and clear. the bad news is she said it would take 4- 8 weeks before they settle the claim. if you want i will try to update you, or you can send me a private message in that time period and i will update you.
the best, harv