Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing Standard Feature (Pre Chip Shortage)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 02:39 PM

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts
2021 Mercedes GLB250 4Matic
Missing Standard Feature (Pre Chip Shortage)

As a general question, is there a recourse with MB if standard feature is missing from the car?

I purchased my 2021 GLB 250 4matic in December 2020, before the chip shortages and missing features.

About two months ago I realized that passenger side mirror defrost does not work. I took the car to the dealer and after they took both side mirrors off to verify, it was discovered that passenger side mirror did not come with heating element from the factory, and they could not help me further.

2021 GLB brochure states that the car comes standard with “power heated mirrors”. I chatted with MB customer support and got two different version from two different people. One told me it was an option but could not identify what option or code it was, the other stated that after reaching to Product Support Team they were told that is how all US versions of GLB250 come, which does not make any sense.

I sent an email to BM Customer Support with all the supporting paperwork from dealer, customer support live chat and copy of MB brochure, that states that heated mirrors are standard, but never heard anything back from them.

Just curious if there is anything I can do about it.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-20-2022, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 990 Likes on 758 Posts
G550
MB seems to have a disconnect between production and marketing. My '19 G550 equipment list stated "full size spare tire" yet the spare is a 265/50R20 versus the 275/50R20 mounted tires and the spare had a sticker slapped on it "45 MPH MAX". Somewhere in the fine print MB includes the disclaimer "specifications subject to change without notice", which means they could have pasted a GLB label on a GLA and called it legit.