Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9 Fault Codes on c204 c220 AMG Sport Edition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C204 C220 2015
9 Fault Codes on c204 c220 AMG Sport Edition

Hello,

My car's ABS and traction control lights came on and the cruise control doesn't work. This is only after driving for about 10 minutes and after that all the lights come on. If I leave the car overnight and jump back in it, the lights are gone but only for 10 minutes of driving.

I had some amazon credits so bought one of those fault code readers and will attach the pics to this post. I've also noticed that the right hand drivers side wheel is squeeky.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Old 04-23-2022, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 879 Likes on 453 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
All of these codes are chassis codes, and the last one is a can bus network error.

In my experience, I always prioritize a network error first as I find if there are multiple codes that seem related with a network error as well that appears related, it is the U-code that triggered all the rest. In other words, correct that first, clear all the codes and usually they don't come back.

This U140A is an implausible signal range coming from the right front wheel. An implausible signal means that something is coming from that wheel sensor but it is either erratic or sending signals that don't make sense and not matching the other three signals given certain driving conditions such as speed, steering angle, etc.

The way I would approach this - examine the right front wheel sensor. See if it appears damaged, dirty (if you take the sensor out of its socket), look at the harness from the sensor to the first connector, then past that for any wire chaffing, damage, etc.

If nothing, I would chance replacing the sensor with a new one. Another option you might try first, exchange the two front sensors as a test, clear the codes, see if a new set of codes come up now showing the left front wheel sensor failing on the can bus. If so, replace that sensor with a new one, clear the codes.
Old 04-23-2022, 08:06 AM

Mercedes C204 C220 2015
Originally Posted by Acta_Non_Verba
All of these codes are chassis codes, and the last one is a can bus network error.

In my experience, I always prioritize a network error first as I find if there are multiple codes that seem related with a network error as well that appears related, it is the U-code that triggered all the rest. In other words, correct that first, clear all the codes and usually they don't come back.

This U140A is an implausible signal range coming from the right front wheel. An implausible signal means that something is coming from that wheel sensor but it is either erratic or sending signals that don't make sense and not matching the other three signals given certain driving conditions such as speed, steering angle, etc.

The way I would approach this - examine the right front wheel sensor. See if it appears damaged, dirty (if you take the sensor out of its socket), look at the harness from the sensor to the first connector, then past that for any wire chaffing, damage, etc.

If nothing, I would chance replacing the sensor with a new one. Another option you might try first, exchange the two front sensors as a test, clear the codes, see if a new set of codes come up now showing the left front wheel sensor failing on the can bus. If so, replace that sensor with a new one, clear the codes.
Thanks for your reply. I actually realised that a lot of these codes were from the previous owner and the codes weren't cleared. Looks like they sorted the issue with the engine codes as I cleared them and they haven't come back.

Only ones that are coming back after I clear all the codes are the ones to do with wheel speed/rpm sensor and the traction control one.
Old 04-23-2022, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry, my bad. I skimmed your pics too fast and didn't notice the two P-codes in the second pic. But all that I wrote should be accurate for the first and third pics.

On the second screen, if you did a delete and those two unrelated P-codes never returned then, surely, keep going....haha...
Old 04-23-2022, 08:29 AM

Mercedes C204 C220 2015
No worries haha. I will have to run a report again and see what fault codes are left.

What do you mean by keep going? keep deleting the codes? I deleted them all but yeah the ABS, traction control, cruise control and ESP light keeps coming on after 30 mins
Old 04-23-2022, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mbaskett95
No worries haha. I will have to run a report again and see what fault codes are left.

What do you mean by keep going? keep deleting the codes? I deleted them all but yeah the ABS, traction control, cruise control and ESP light keeps coming on after 30 mins
No I didn't mean anything about the "keep going" just to forget about the 2 P-codes. Back to the chassis codes and the canbus fault, everything that I wrote, I hope you consider. Find the fault at the right front wheel sensor and why its signal is implausible. Fix that, then I will bet money all the other C-codes are not real faults. Once the wheel sensor is addressed do a global delete (erase) then the C-codes should not return.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:18 AM

Mercedes C204 C220 2015
Ooooh yes yes, sorry I wasn't following. Yeah I've forgot about P codes as they aren't returning. The wheelspeed sensor codes are a strange one. Seems to work for around 30 mins then I can feel the brake go all hard and when i brake I can feel as if something is rubbing against the pedal underneath then the ABS, ESP, and cruise control along with Stop start all go out.