Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with SDconnect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2022, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Help with SDconnect

I purchased a SD connect and dell 630 laptop from a shop that was going out of business. Do you have to have a subscription to run Xentry diagnostics? There is a icon on the laptop Open you Star SDC4, it looks like it maybe a tutorial to open your start key. I see where it has a valid date from 01.01.2015 to 01.01.2022. The laptop has Xentry Diagnostics open shell loaded, the start key shortcut shows XENTRY Diagnostics valid 01.01.2012 to 01.01.2020. There is also DAS on the laptop it's been a few years since I got this and if I remember right DAS is what I had to use. SDconnect won't communicate with the car after doing an internet search I may need to replace the batteries. AS you can probably tell I'm not very Tech savvy but did use this one time and it connected. Now I don't know if it was before the dates expired or if I just used DAS. I will replace the batteries first and see if that fixes the connection issue.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Well I removed the cover over the battery compartment and low and behold there were no batteries. That lets me know the batteries are not the issue because it has connected before with no batteries. I did get another message when trying to open DAS and that is you can't open DAS directly but have to go thru Xentry. I guess thats so you have to purchase the start key.