Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navi updated, reverse camera and touch pad options missing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 03:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W205
Navi updated, reverse camera and touch pad options missing?

Hey there,

A bit of a random one, I had an audio company update my maps, and now the reverse camera and touch pad are completely missing from the vehicle settings, and do not work.

The workshop is closed until Monday, but I figured I would check out here to see if anyone has come across this before? I will be taking it back for them to fix but this is quite an odd one.

I had the navi + radios changes from JPN to NZ. Before the change I had the reversing camera option here so I could open it to clean it, but it's missing entirely and does not work when putting the car in reverse. Same for the swipe pad: went to disable / enable it for troubleshooting as I couldn't' put letters in for the navigation but it's missing entirely.

In the engineering settings I have the "Rear-View-Camera cover: as 0x0 but that is it.

This is a S205 C200
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (01-14-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 06:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W205
In case this appears in google if someone has the same problem:

When the map was updated, the service guys looked at the back of the wagon and saw no reverse camera (it's a hidden one) so they set the reverse camera to none. It can be set to none/yes/360

I told them it's actually hidden, and the menu has an option to pop it open to clean it. They jumped in Xentry and changed the configuration back to camera = yes and touchpad = yes and this resolved the problem. Took 20m to resolve.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Toad (01-17-2023)