Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please with mysterious noise in Mercedes C350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2023 | 09:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes C350 4M Sedan
Help please with mysterious noise in Mercedes C350

I get in the car in the morning, and I put it in drive and about a second after I pull out I get a weird humm or vibration which I can feel in the car. Its really weird, as it goes away after abut 10 minutes of normal driving . The noise does not change frequency with engine speed or vehicle speed. However, the noise is NOT there when I initially start the engine or rev it up , its normal sound , but when I put the car in drive or reverse, and let the idle move the car 10 or 15 feet , and after a second or 2, I get the noise you can hear in the video. Also, oddly enough, when i park on a hill and put the car in neutral, and coast down the hill there is no noise, but while still coasting in neutral, as soon as i press the start button the car starts and the noise appears , without even touching the gas.
I disconnected the secondary air pump , and inspected all the cv joints. It doesn't seem like a bearing, or a pully . I am mystified, hope someone here recognizes that sound and can steer me in the right direction. The nearest service is 4 hours away and i don't want to risk driving , and then have to leave the car overnight until they can actually hear it and diagnose it. Hope this sounds familiar to someone out there, thanks.. the audio for this video was recorded by a gopro under the hood