Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brakes problem - please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2004 | 08:48 PM

Question Brakes problem - please help

I had my front and rear brake pads and roters changed around 37000 miles on my SL. After about several months, I noticed a vibrating feel to my steering wheel when I step on the brakes at low speed. I called the Benz dealer and they replaced my entire front and rear brake pads and roters again. This was done around 47000 miles. After about another month, I noticed that there was a grinding noise when I am driving. I did not think this was a serious problem because I am thankfull that they replaced my front and rear pads and roters at no cost. I am at 60,000 miles now and a friend of mine told me that my brakes sound like that are going. Well, I don't think that I can wear out my new set of pads in 15000 miles and also my brake sendor lights are not on. Should I be concerned about this grinding noise? Could this be some other problem or is my brakes really going. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Old 10-21-2004 | 03:08 AM

E320
Have them check your calipers and its pistons... tell tale signs of a piston that has seized (or about to).