Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mbtech208, pls help...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 330i, 06 E350
Unhappy mbtech208, pls help...

i hope u can help me. i posted this tiwce but no one replied. i am quite concerned so this is a desperate attempt. i just bought my e320 as a second car, however, there seems to be a problem with the climate control. it can blow heat and cold air, but whenever i step on the gas from a stop, the air gets diverted from the vents to the vent near the windshield. i duno why it does that, i think it tries to blow air to the windshield whenever i step on the gas. is there anyway to stop this. ive already tried directing the air toward the vents and foot vents, but it still does that. then everything goes back to normal (air blowing thru correct vents) when i
1)stop and 2)when cruising the freeway (not stepping on the gas all the way). thanks....
Old 11-06-2004, 10:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
maybe I can help you a little... Sounds like you have a vacuum problem to me... The vents on that car are vacuum operated, but when you are accelerating the engine is not creating as much vacuum. The car has a system built in called MVA(manifold vacuum assist). It has a resevoir in the right front fender(i believe) and a valve block directly beneath the glove box. You can access it by removing the panel underdash on passenger side. My guess is you have a leak somewhere or the valve block itself is not working properly.

You also might want to check into the history of the car a little... any accidents or previous a/c repairs?