Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Condensation in Headlights! (CLK-W208)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01' CLK 320
Unhappy Help! Condensation in Headlights! (CLK-W208)

How to get rid of the condensation in the headlights? I washed my car last Friday and yesterday I just realized there is condensation in the passenger side low beam and high beam headlights. There is very little condensation on the low beam lens, but 1/3 of the high beam lens is covered with condensation and moisture and I can see water inside the bottom of the lens. So what is the cure?

I searched "condensation" in this forum and some people said to leave the headlight on for 15mins and the moisture will go away; other suggested putting silicon around to seal off the moisture; while some said there is a vent hole and the water and moisture will go away eventually in about 4-7 days of dry weather. I didn't use my car since the car wash on Friday and and my car is parked in a garage and the temperature is around 5-10C (30's to 40's F) and the humidity is quite high. It seems the condensation and the moisture didn't go away or even decrease. Any suggestions?
Old 10-29-2004, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11 ML350
You need to remove the headlights and remove the lenses.
Replace the seals inbetween the lenses and the houseing.