Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Side Radars replaced and not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 10:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS 55 AMG IWC, 2016 E250
Front Side Radars replaced and not working

I have a 2016 E250 Fully Loaded with all Drivers Assistance Package (DTR+, Lane Assist, Steering Assist, Brake Assist, PreSAFE, etc...). The car had a small front end collision and was fixed by the Dealership. They fixed everything and made sure its all calibrated and working, however the 2 front side Radars (that look like the Blind Spot Radars) were not in the car during the accident as I did not have them and ordered them before. Without those 2 Radars all those systems do not function ☹️.
When they arrived Installed the 2 new Radars, and plugged them in, i though that as soon as I install them all systems should work. But they don't. The front bumper wiring harness is new, and the Radars are New. But Xentry is showing an error on those 2 Radars. I have been told that these Radars need to be coded/programed to the car/module.

I have a System with Xentry, Vediamo, Monaco, StarFinder, STAR, etc...(With a C6 Multiplexer with DoIP). But I can't figure out how to flash them to the Module or car. This would normally be done by the Dealership with Xentry and SCN online Coding. Since we do not get that we have Vediamo and Monaco to replace that, but being new to it I don't know If that is possible or how to do it.

Can someone let me know if that is possible?

These are codes i am getting that are regarding the 2 new radars. (Why my systems arent working)
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would pay if someone can remotely do it. I do not want to go to the Dealership for this and pay big $$$.
Old 06-27-2023, 02:33 AM

Received 201 Likes on 114 Posts
2015 ML400 4MATIC, 2014 E350 4MATIC, 2006 E350
My best guess is that the new modules you purchased are too new to communicate with the Front Radars’ Gateway, hence causing the radars to not be readable.

Are you able to read the actual values of the radars?

Sounds like you need to preform an adaptation to the front radar sensors, or the alignment of the sensors are just off enough to make them inoperative.

From reading another forum which this platform doesn’t allow me to mention, a Calibration Drive must be preformed.

I’d imagine it’s a very similar procedure to the 212 to the 213.

Be sure to read all the parameters that need to be met, prior to preforming the adaptation.

Old 06-27-2023, 02:35 AM

Received 201 Likes on 114 Posts
2015 ML400 4MATIC, 2014 E350 4MATIC, 2006 E350

Try this video, though this is for a car without Distronic, it appears SCN Coding is a requirement.