Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question About Swapping Comand Units (NTG4.0)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 12:35 PM

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
Question About Swapping Comand Units (NTG4.0)

Is it possible to swap Comand units (NTG4.0) without having to use a security code/pin and without having to code the newer unit with Xentry or Vediamo or something?

My car (a 2010) does not have funtional Bluetooth streaming, despite having enabled it in the engineering menu. I want to find a unit from a 2012-2013 car (with a newer NTG4.0 software version) that I can swap into my car such that I can have Bluetooth streaming.

Searching for a local indy shop that is able to perform a firmware update has been fruitless. And it's a total wildcard at the dealer, as the ones I've called barely seem to know what I'm talking about and wont provide a rough estimate of how much a firmware update would cost. At $268/hr for labor, it's not really a gamble I'm willing to take.

Also, I know that the various Carplay modules exist, but that is a lot of work for the installation, and it seems like half of the people that attempt an install can't get it working properly.

Thanks for any useful advice on this!