Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Finding the Service Reminder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 10:18 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 AMG GTC Roadster
Help Finding the Service Reminder

I just purchased a 2019 GTC roadster from a non-Mercedes dealership. They performed an oil and filter change. Is there a way I can see if they reset the service interval? I've read where you hold the phone answer and then OK key to enter into the special screens where it can be reset.
Can I also see the last time it was reset in these screens? I'm way from home now trying to figure out what to look at when I get home. Appreciate the help. Thanks!
Old 03-10-2024, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 975 Likes on 749 Posts
G550
If you have the digital dash, there should be a way to scroll down through the service menu where it should tell you the number of days until the next service is due. If you can't find this to confirm the reset, why not ask the dealer to check it or just reset it yourself? A couple of days won't make a difference. Most folks are still driving around with a month or two overdue displayed before they can get an appointment.
The following users liked this post:
SteveKoz (03-10-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Just checked my 2019 G550. With engine on, or with ignition on, on the steering wheel left side, hit Home, then with black button scroll to Service and press. Scroll down to Assyst Plus and press. Display should show "Service A/B# Due in ### Days". Should be close to 350 days if dealer reset it.
The following users liked this post:
SteveKoz (03-10-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 05:15 PM

2019 AMG GTC Roadster
Found it. 900 miles to service B. Now have to figure out how to reset it
Old 03-10-2024, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G550
Originally Posted by SteveKoz
Found it. 900 miles to service B. Now have to figure out how to reset it
Attached is a procedure I wrote up a couple years ago for my G550. Hopefully yours is the same. If not, there are several YouTube videos that seem to cover them all. I plan to try using an OBD scanner next time that is supposed to include this function.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Service Indicator Reset.pdf (75.5 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-10-2024, 06:18 PM

2019 AMG GTC Roadster
Originally Posted by streborx
Attached is a procedure I wrote up a couple years ago for my G550. Hopefully yours is the same. If not, there are several YouTube videos that seem to cover them all. I plan to try using an OBD scanner next time that is supposed to include this function.
Thank you. I read your procedure and it appears the G550 is different. I did search YouTube and found this video which was perfect. Posting here in case someone else is looking to do the same and stumbles upon this thread or any of the other 3 I posted trying to figure out what to do or how to even ask the question.