Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Image from the 360 parking assist camera system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2024, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz EQS AMG 53 4Matic+
Image from the 360 parking assist camera system

I have an EQS AMG 53 4Matic+. On this car, there is a 360 camera that is in use when you park. Is it normal that the images displayed on the screen are not transparent around the car itself? See attached pictures. This makes it difficult to park close to edges and objects as long as it is not possible to see on the camera image how close you are driving. Yes there are indicators and sound, but not good enough pictures. Could it be bad work on the software that causes the transparency of the image to be incorrect? Anyone else having the same "problem" on their car?

Last edited by AMGorm; 07-25-2024 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-25-2024, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 297 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
I've got a water heater in the corner of my garage and that's what it looks like when I try and park. I have to get out and visually check how far away I am every time. Have just had to kind of learn to use the forward camera and place the red line in the middle of the water heater. That at least gets me close enough to close the garage door. Same thing with parking in parking lots actually. It never shows me the overhead view when I press the parking "assist" button. I always have to swipe around to see how far I am from the line. Curbed my wheels a couple times backing into chargepoint stations too. Seems no matter what parking maneuver I'm doing the cameras always default to the wrong view(s).
Old 07-25-2024, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,927 Likes on 2,624 Posts
2019 C63CS
Yes, that's normal. Sort of shows the boundaries of your car with sufficient margin. I do however find that the 360 camera visualization in the latest MBUX is a few steps back. In my 2019 I find the views much better. Specifically I get red lines that mark the axles and the wheels and run parallel along the car at just the right distance to line it up with a curb, wall etc. The guide lines and perspective in the latest MBUX are lacking, IMHO. Below is a picture of what I get. For example I park very close to the wall in my garage on the right side of the car and all I need to do is line the red line up with the wall for the perfect distance. Also, the non-transparent box is much smaller and ends where the edges of the car are. I really find the latest 360 camera visualization somewhat unhelpful whenever I drive a new loaner. It's sadly a bit of a theme with MBUX. Everything got replaced with a touchscreen so even changing the camera views requires fiddling with it, whereas I can simply use the jog wheel on my center console to toggle between the different views w/o taking my eyes off the parking maneuver.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-25-2024 at 01:32 PM.