Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RamFX Performance air filters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'97 C36
RamFX Performance air filters

Has anyone tried these? I've seen them on e-bay a few times advertised as a "better" than oem air filter that's reusable like a K&N. Say they are used on MB DTM Touring vehicles too...

I've used K&N products and have been pleased, but I'm unfamiliar with RamFX.

Any expereince on way or another with these??

Here the link to a current ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1832977860

Tony
'97 Mercedes C36
'92 VW Corrado VR6
Old 06-01-2002, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ramair filters

....I have a pair of the Ramairs for my CLK....The car has about 700 miles with them....Do I feel a difference: don't think so. The first day i put them on it seemed that it may have actually slowed me down a little....the car seems much faster now, but I can't tell you whether it is because I am use to it now or the car adapted somehow......it may even be that my car is now more broken in, there is a bit more growl now. I plan on taking my car to the Dyno in the next couple of weeks so I'll find out then. The only thing that I can tell you is that they are very gooey.

I also was enticed by their website...I figured if it was good enough for the CLK DTM cars, it's good enough for me.